The University of Lagos Governing Council Friday, 27th October 2017, approved the appointment of Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS, as new Vice-Chancellor of the university.
The appointemnt excrcise, BreezeReporters learnt, commenced on the 4th of July 2017, with the placement of advertisement in national newspapers.
Here are seven things you should know about the new vice chancellor of the University of Lagos.
1. Professor Toyin Ogundipe was appointed professor in 2002.
2. He is a Professor in the Department of Botany, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lagos.
3. He has served as the Dean of postgraduate studies between 2007 and 2011.
4 He has served as the Director, Academic planning between 2012 and 2016.
5. He was until his new appointment, the Deputy vice Chancellor (Academic & Research) (2016 – present)
6. Ogundipe emerged VC after beating two other candidates – Professor Olukayode Amund, former Dean of Students’ affairs and Professor Ayodeji Olukoju – who were shortlisted for the post.
7. The Governing Council at it meeting on Friday, said Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS, ”coincidentally scored the highest mark in the exercise” and becomes the 12th Vice-Chancellor of the University of Lagos. He succeed Professor Rahman Bello.