Internal Audit Officer
He will be responsible for assisting the Audit Supervisor in day to day operations related to technical, commercial, and financial audits
Lagos Full time
Assist and coordinate various departments/agencies, making available relevant records for the purpose of carrying out technical, commercial, or financial audits.
In collaboration with the process/business owners, perform risk assessments in line with the risk management framework to aid planning of the audit procedures.
Developing audit/work programmes based on the result of the risk assessment prior to commencement of the audits.
Carry out technical, financial, and commercial audits in IE and prepare quality audit reports.
Follow up on highlighted observations on all audit reports.
Carry out investigation into the infractions and other incidents and issue quality reports for decision making and following up to ensure implementation of recommendations.
Perform specialized reviews, issue quality reports and follow up to ensure implementation.
Record keeping of audit reports and all key communication with other departments.
Perform other duties as requested by Head, Internal Audit Department, Team Leader Audit and Team Member Audit
Ideal candidate MUST be a chartered accountant with relevant university degree or its equivalent in science or social science
Post qualification experience of 3 years in energy, power, financial or manufacturing sector.
Problem identification and solution skills.
Ability to promote value of internal audit.
Understand industry, regulatory, and standards changes.
Conflict resolution/negotiation skill.
Accounting frameworks, tools, and techniques.
Ability to promote value of internal audit
- Conduct timely and economic assessment of training and development needs
- Ensure timely and economic preparation and / procurement of delivery of training courses and schedules. Additionally nominate employees for external training programs
- Conduct surveys to measure the training effectiveness, satisfaction of training participants with the training content, means of training delivery, etc.
- Create, update & modify training policies of all classes of employees based on changing business scenario, feedbacks from training participants, etc.
- Coordinate with the Performance Management unit to acquire data on the training needs of the all employees, and accordingly assist the Head Talent Development in designing training programs, training schedule, etc.
- Ensure economic availability of a competent and well-motivated staff
- Maintain close communication with Heads and staff to discuss training needs and to ensure that they are fully aware of training opportunities available.
- Keep all employees informed of internal and external training and development opportunities.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the training and development field to ensure that the company continues to take advantage of best practice.
- Co-ordinate with external participants like training institutes for design, development and delivery of training initiatives
- Oversee the maintenance of all necessary training and development records
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- First degree (B.SC or H.N.D) Social Sciences or any relevant field.
- Minimum 8-10 years field experience in Human Resources management.
- Professional Membership from a reputable HR Institute would be an added advantage
- Curriculum Planning & Design
- L&D Management
- Job Analysis and Design
- Competency Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus