Breeze Reporters

Tragedy: High Tension Wire Kills Boy In Lagos

Disaster struck on Dada Olowu Street in Abule Egba area of Lagos when a young boy, his mother and siblings were electrocuted after a high-tension wire fell on their shop.

It was gathered that the woman, Patricia Ossai and her three children were inside the provision shop when the wire snapped from the pole during a downpour on Friday morning.

They all became unconscious immediately and were rushed to a nearby hospital but the little boy, Chidi Ossai, died while others are still receiving treatments in the hospital.

Narrating the sad incident to Punch, Patricia’s husband, Sunday Ossai said, ”When I got there, I was told to collect hospital card for the three of them and deposit N100,000 for treatment before I could be allowed to see them.

”They later told me that I lost my boy. I was able to raise N50,000 for them to start treatment for the ones alive.

”The next day, some officials of IE came and said I should not worry about the bill, but I have not heard from them although they told the Managing Director of the hospital to continue treatment.

”I was told that the officials had come to the street to work on the pole four days before the incident, but the wire they worked on cut where they joined it, fell on the shop and electrocuted my family. My daughter is seriously injured and my wife and last child are on drip.

He urged the government to come to his aid.

Stanley

Add comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Loading…